The uniquely designed Hosokawa Micron Extrudomix offers efficient continuous or batch continuous mixing of solids and solids and liquids – with the ability to mix materials ranging from free flowing powders through to viscous pastes and plastic masses.
- The chamber design (especially in the Pharmaceutical application machines) is designed to promote free material transit with minimal product retention at the end of the processing cycle
- Jacketed housings and hollow shafts enable product heating or cooling
- Efficient and adjustable shear input and heat transfer makes applications very diverse including back mixing or simply forming wet cake products for drying efficiency
- Can also act as a product conditioner before spheronization and drying
The Extrudomix features a single, horizontal processing shaft that carries radial, spiral positioned mixing flight segments to transport material through the processing chamber. To provide intense back-mixing and with plastic, stiff masses, to prevent rotation of the material mass, stationary anvil blocks are used attached to the chamber wall; additional internal mixing plates can be used to further increase the mixing effect.
At the machine discharge a perforated die plate retains material during processing, regulates the mixing action and depending on the application provides cylindrical pellets / granules of a specific diameter; a simple sweep-blade assembly can also be fitted to provide a uniform pellet length.
Mixing powders and binders continuously to reduce environmental problems
- Agglomerating powders with binders to improve flow characteristics for pharmaceutical applications
- Extrusion and forming of fresh yeast preceding fluid bed drying
- Mulling, mixing and extruding waste soap
- Production of readily dispersible food ingredient granules
See leaflet for full applications listing.
- A shaft seal can provide for operation under pressure or vacuum
- Jacketed housings or hollow shafts for cooling or heating
- Integrated containment systems for low OEL product
- Available in a wide variety of arrangements and sizes ranging from 50-600mm diameter rotors